Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jess, Neil, and Maggie

We had a wonderful weekend with our Milwaukee friends, Jess, Neil and Maggie. (Jess and I met at a knitting class and struck up a great friendship. We have a lot in common: music, walking!, motherhood, exploring any city, enjoying family, going out to eat, knitting...the list goes on.) They made the trek out to Siloam Springs to check out our quaint town and to officially introduce us to Maggie. As Jess says on her blog, we were moving here as Maggie was being born. It was very bittersweet. Jess visited us in the hospital when Ben was born, but we were driving south to our new home when Maggie was born. But that has changed!
Here are Jess and the Magster at the park in downtown Siloam.
Maggie is already winning Ben's heart....she likes sports!
Ben showing Maggie the finer points of playing with trains.
Ben telling Jess and Maggie about the trucks in his book. I think we read this book about 57 times a day. We learned quickly to have Ben tell us about the trucks...he's very good at "reading" the truck book now. His favs are the backhoe and the GIANT trucks.

3 comments:

molly said...

Ben has good taste. I own that exact same shirt. Got it on my spring break trip up there. Way to be Ben.

Mary Wade said...

I did a google search for Hartsock House in Hollywood - and your blog was the first thing that came up! We are scheduled to move in to one side of the house in May. And I got to see the outside of the house in one of your pictures and it looks lovely. We will be staying there until early August. We will be helping with the DOOR program, where youth groups will be coming to Hollywood and searving at different agencies. I will be doing the cooking - and my husband will be taking the groups to the agencies where they will be volunteering. I would love to hear about your time in the house and the area... like where to shop... fun places for kids... as we have adopted our two granddauthgters, ages 7 and 10. Thanks for your time - Mary in Kansas

Another Namtarts Blog said...

Hi Mary,
The house is old, but nice and big. It's loud because it's next to Hollywood Blvd. You will want to have a fan going or have the AC on at night in order to sleep. Since you are in the heart of Hollywood, there are tons of places to visit. Beware of the traffic---it's crazy! And Hollywood Pres. is right across the street. I'm sure you will get to know my in-laws too. My father in law is the interim senior pastor. It's a bit of a culture shock because the city is loud and there is every kind of person you can imagine...super rich, super poor, in between, all races, all kinds of new food to try, run down areas and boutiques that are open by appt. only. It's quite the mix. I hope you have a great experience!
Julia