Thursday, April 03, 2008

Flash Flood

Good thing we have a privacy fence made of wood in case we need to build an ark! Here the water is rushing through our yard and joining the drainage ditch. You can see our neighbor's yard is full too! We've never seen the ditch this full. It would probably go up to my knees if not a little higher.
The water is overflowing from the ditch behind the fence, coming through our yard and then flowing back into the ditch (thank goodness). You can barely see under the weeping willow a pile of leaves. Ben and I have been working on picking those up. The funny thing is that he let's me use the red wheelbarrel and tries to use the gray one....both fell over from the rain.
I guess I won't be planting anything by the tree...I'll have to rethink that little space.
This is blury but the water is just about to go over the ditch and into the street.
The water is all dry now (excpet that we have more rain in the forecast) and Ben just loves to throw rocks and sticks in the water and get soaked. Hours of fun.

1 comment:

Brit said...

welcome to siloam springs...we shall soon become a floating island