Monday, October 20, 2008

Potty Training Boot Camp

Day #1 of potty training has been a little long. Ben is currently watching Little Einstien's because we are all worn out. I think Ben was even a little stressed today with the schedule we kept him on. Jake set the timer for 40 minutes all day long which signaled potty time. I think he was afraid to actually go because after waiting 40 minutes, sitting on the potty for 5 or more minutes, and then finally getting up, Ben would still go in his undies. I'm sure he had to figure out what it "felt" like to have to go, too....but, we did have success. Below is Ben in his first pair of underwear for the day. It's about 7:30 am. I had to do laundry during nap (we still put him in a diaper for nap) to keep up with the accidents. By 6:00 pm, Ben finally went pee IN the potty which was underwear #7 of the day (and he still needed to put on pair #8---getting to the potty caused a little excited tinkle)! We were all so excited and yelling and clapping and cheering and eating candy corn (Ben's incentive) that I'm surprised the neighbors didn't hear us. As I'm posting this, Jake is at the store buying more underwear. Six undies will not last long especially when we get to the pooping in the potty party. Ewww. Hopefully this time next week will be much easier. Doesn't he look so big?
George was there for Ben, helping him get the big day started.

No comments: